Organic Without Borders have recived funds to make a pre-study for a Demonstration Center in Lalibela, that will be our demonstration area for sustainable solutions. The vision is to create a beautiful and attractive learning place, both for locals and for tourists.
We want to demonstrate and have courses in:
- Permaculture principles and methods in organic gardening and food production with scarcely of water
- Environmental friendly houses for living with eco-san toilet system and low tech solar energy systems for electricity and hot showers
- A place for meeting between all nationalities and religions
- Beekeeping and honey production
- Reforestation program with planting trees, plants and flowers that end soil erosion and also contribute to a increased biodiversity in the area
We have got fundings from Kulturbryggan and the project will start in the winter 2016/2017. The pre-study will hopefully be performed in a collaboration with architects without borders during winter 2016/2017.
Unfortunately, the land was taken by another actor. We have to close the project.